01 May 2016

THE TAXY GUY: A BRIEF LOVE STORY

Due to my drunk teenager times living in the suburbs of Barcelona, I had to deal with a lot of taxi drivers. And believe me if I tell you that they, wherever around Europe but specially in Barcelona, can be considered a specie apart from human beings. Experts agree that because they spend that many boring hours driving, their psyche evolved somehow differentially that the rest of humans. They tend to behave like the word stranger wouldn’t exist. I took a lot of taxis and I've talked about really personal stuff with those guys. They keep a sort of a particular tenderness that makes me smile when I talk to them.

Today I left home. So just because I am a lazy modern girl, somehow nostalgic and allergic to Spanish public transport, I decided to take a taxi to the airport. The taxi driver was everything but cute.

He first asked what was going on with my voice. In his opinion, my voice resembled to this kind of voice one has when comes back home from a wild Friday night (OK). He told me I should call him “the cowboy of love”, so it was in that precise moment when I decided I'll write about him.

He told me that even though he had never studied at all, he is an entrepreneur. He decided to quit school and start working at 18 in order to earn enough money to fix his teeth, because he had such a bad mouth physiognomy. Nowadays he works hard and in his free time he likes to comment posts on www.forocoches.com (WTF). 

It seems that he works out in the gym quite often because he loves to see himself on the mirror and recognise a “male profile”. He told me he felt extremely comforted when looking at this “male profile” on his body. I told him that I was wondering how a “male profile” looks like, but in case one day I could understand, I am sure I also would like to see it on me.

But well, he confessed me he was actually looking for an entrepreneur girl who can appreciate his special sense of humour. I think he was kind of obsessed with the entrepreneurship topic so I've asked him what was his perception of the current situation of entrepreneur people in Spain. He gave me such an explanation which I did not understand at all. Probably because he was trying to use words he couldn’t even pronounceBesides that, he used all the time both concepts “objective” and “subjective” in a wrong way. Which took me a while to figure out that he eventually had switched both meanings when he learnt these words. However, at this point of time I couldn’t stop laughing thinking about the “male profile” stuff (sorry, after my stage in A’dam I sometimes need extra time to process information).

After such a master class it came the funniest part of the journey, when out of the blue he asked me if I had friends around Barcelona. To such a question I answered that not that many, that I sometimes was feeling kind of alone. Then he told me I was the cutest thing he ever did see. I told him I didn’t give an absolute shit. Pretending he didn’t hear none of my words, he made a second confession. He told me that there was only one thing in the world he'd love more than listening my late-night party voice all day long, and it was to see me driving. He suddenly stopped the taxi in a side of the road and we swapped positions fast.

So yeah, there it is: 
I was driving a Mercedes taxi to the airport with a young driver shifting gears together with me in the middle of a sunny April dayIt was lovely. We spoke about life, friendship and woman, and then he let me drive his taxi (Oh man, how much I missed driving cars). I'm still wondering if he's feeling proud of his “male profile” and if he sometimes thinks about me. I do. He didn’t want to charge me, so it was the cheapest taxi drive I've ever had.  





"Some people call me the space cowboy and some call me the gangster of love."

No comments:

Post a Comment